There are several things parents/guardians can do to help prevent the spread of illness among our children.
1) Protect yourself and your family by encouraging everyone to wash their hands frequently, cover coughs and sneezes, and stay at home if feeling ill. Getting adequate sleep, drinking plenty of water and making healthy food choices can help you stay healthy even during flu season.
2) If your child has been diagnosed with strep, chicken pox, bacterial conjunctivitis (the fancy name for pink eye) or something else, please call the health office at 612-668- 1538 to let us know. We will alert other parents to watch for symptoms.
3) If your child has had a fever (oral temperature above 101 degrees Fahrenheit), vomiting or diarrhea in the last 24 hours, please keep them home.
4) If you get a note saying that an illness has been identified in your child's room, please watch your child for symptoms. If he or she shows symptoms, please keep your child home.
5) If you get a note saying that someone in the class has head lice, please check your child's head. If you find lice or nits, please check other family members, then treat everyone who has lice or nits.
If you have questions, call the health office at 612-668-1538 and speak with Kim Smith, LPN or Liz Zeno, School Nurse.
2250 Garfield Street NE Minneapolis, MN 55418
Telephone:612.668.1530 | Fax:612.668.1540